Friday, May 17, 2013

Dead Fish Float


I've probably never told you this, but my fish are dead. I'm pretty sure I made the wrong faces today. Tomorrow may be very different... rapid cycling. No. This is not about a bicycle. Although it is that time of year, and now that I'm thinking about it, my bike needs a tune-up. Anyway, tomorrow might be excruciatingly awkward if it's not different. Tomorrow morning is set to be devoted to chalk, sidewalks, and kids in a public space. Making the wrong face is not something I want to add to the mix. Mixed, rapid cycling and difficulty mastering that "being ok with the unknown" thing is a bitch.

Sonovamother.

Hah. I just realized it's been two years almost to the day since I wrote an entry here. So much has happened. I don't want to talk about any of it. Well, Stumpy is still with us. I'm still making art. I've been thinking more and more about updating here, and tonight seemed a perfect time since I didn't feel like it, and I didn't feel like doing anything else either. That's how I spent my day, too, despite not feeling like doing anything, doing a variety of things in a half-assed manner because half-assed is all I could muster. This is what I have read and am told is the best course of action when I am in this state. Do, despite not feeling like doing.

That's all for now. Tune in next time for more... or less as the case may be.

2 comments:

Andrew Kottenstette said...

...in a tablespoon of olive oil, with a little Tarragon or lemon zest. That's the kind of liquid I think of when dead fish have to float somewhere.

Steph G said...

:)