Saturday, March 25, 2017

Happy Spring!








It's spring now. 

Hurrah!

Tree sap is running and the days are noticeably longer. Before long, sugar shacks will be serving pancakes and snowbirds will be back at the bird feeders. However... right now, there is a blanket of snow still covering everything and it is dampening my enthusiasm.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I went on a road trip to Florida. It was so nice being in perfect weather. We swam in the pool, watched gators and cranes by the pond, played bocci, and drove around in a golf cart. Then we drove home and were greeted our first day back by a big, squalling snow storm.

Sigh.

To pass time during the road trip, I sketched. Mostly I sketched flowers. Since returning, I've been turning my sketches into patterns and designs. So even if the garden is covered by snow, I still have spring flowers to look at!







1 comment:

dissertation us said...

wow! These are lovely drawings that you have made. Spring is the best time of the year when you get to see colours of nature everywhere and air filled with sweet fragrances of blooming flowers.