Saturday, August 5, 2017

Blue Cat Melancholy Caturday

watercolor of tiny blue cat and flowers by ssstephg

Tiny Blue Cat in a Summer Garden
9 x 12 inches
watercolor on paper

After I painted this I thought, "This tiny blue cat looks a little melancholy." And then I thought, "Well, that's probably why he's strolling through a garden--to cheer himself up. He'll be fine."


This is a little different from the tiny cat paintings I've been doing. It's simplified. Instead of mixing watercolor and acrylic, this one is just watercolor. I've kept the composition simple with a couple of bunches of flowers, a tiny cat, and lots of negative space as background as opposed to a ground of built up painterly washes. If you're familiar with most of my work, then you know minimal is not generally my thing. However, I like this.

If you like it, too, you can find it in my etsy here. There are more photos, including a closeup.

Over and out,
-Steph


2 comments:

custom essay writing service said...

This painting is just beautiful! I love the negative space which gives it such a clean and sophisticated look despite it being a cat with flowers! Two thumbs up for it.

Steph G said...

Thank you so much for the kind comments!